Saturday, March 29, 2008

fun times

Okay so I always try to do things but I never quite make it to the destination....more of that commitment thing. Anyway, so I have been running, among other activities, and I am at 4 miles and some girls at work were talking about how they are running a 1/2 marathon in April. I thought maybe I can try and be ready for it. So I have upped my mileage to 5, which I am sure doesn't sound like a lot but it is an improvement in just a week. So I hope that but running that and getting it up to 6 and run that three times a week with one long run thrown in. Well I hope that I can make it and not die. I mean I haven't been training for very long. I am sort of worried about it. I think that I can do it. Are there any runners out there who have done something similar to this in a short amount of time.....am I foolish? Should I abandon ship and do a 10k? a 5K? am I up in the night?

I think that most important thing is that I would really like to try it. I hope that it works. I feel really great so far this week I have logged 12 miles and I hope to get 5 more tonight. With a long run on Sunday if it is nice and maybe still if it isn't nice.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

you should do it! I think that is great. I am doing a 10k in one week and I have only run 5 miles two times in my entire life. But I HAVE to do this...we will see how it goes. do the half marathon. I know you can!

Ann Marie said...

You should totally do it - whatever distance you feel up for! Wish I could go running with you. I need to seriously get my butt back in shape - summer is almost here and I need to exercise!

Danielle said...

You totally can do it. Most marathoners only run six miles when they do runs. If you have to walk it wouldn't kill you. Do it!

Bryce & Nicole said...

You should do it! You can do it! Worst comes to worst you know you can walk that long right? Your a stud Jacque (in a great way, not some creepy masculine way)!

Bryce & Nicole said...

Jacque I love you! I think you need to add some hot pictures. If you don't add your own I'll be forced to take some pictures at our next hip hop session!