Tuesday, March 4, 2008

great day or bad day

Okay so it seams that everyday that I am active is a good day for me. I have lots of energy. My attitude it positive. I have lots and lots of energy. I notice that when I am not active I am generally a great mood or lets say a not very pleasant mood.
So needless to say the days that I am active work and life tends to go a lot better. However, there are those times when no matter how great my day and how great I feel, it seems that there are some people who just want to make me have a bad day. I try really hard to overcome this. In fact one of the only ways that I seems to be able to keep from going under their spell is too dance. So occasionally I will break into a dance move or something quick at the hospital or the restaurant just to make sure that I don't turn over to the dark side.
Sometimes I loose though. Last night I lost. No matter what I did to help out customers it just wasn't good enough. I just wanted to slap all the difficult patrons and say, "don't you get it I am a person too.....treat me like it." I just don't think it would help so I go talk to a manager and have them deal with it or laugh about it with my fellow serving staff in the back. Usually I get back to my place...but if not it is always gone when I walk out the door....I just leave it all behind.

Do any of you feel this way ever? What do you do when you just want to hit someone and say "treat me like I am a human too"?

6 comments:

Natalie Jo said...

yes, i agree with you, only i deal with young children. okay only two but still sometimes i feel the same way.

Danielle said...

it is nice that you have a job where you can just leave it at the door...pretty lucky! when people treat you like that you should pull thier hair and spit on them...maybe you should try it sometime or maybe not. That might cost you your job.

Nicole said...

I like the dance idea. and maybe sometime it would be good just to pour some soup on their lap or something...but again you might lose your job. I think that you do a great job of keeping it in check...what a frustrating job.

Shannon said...

Hey Jacque! I found your blog through Natalie's. I think blogs are a great way to keep in touch with people. Anyhow, I enjoyed reading all your posts especially your feelings about quality control with the people you invite into your life.

We missed you a couple of weeks ago when we went out. It ended up just being me, Whitney, Becky and Susan. It was fun and it was of course good to catch up. We need to do another weekend soon.

Ann Marie said...

If I get too frustrated, I just walk away and try to calm down. That way I don't say something that I might regret. I like your dancing idea - that probably makes people smile too and then they can't help but be nice! :-)

J Z said...

I am usually dancing in the back kitchen so my customers can't usually see me....but later in the evening I usually dance with the other workers in the main dining area.....we get to change the music...when we are not as busy.