Friday, April 11, 2008

condescending

So we have been having a few problems in our dept. Things get said people get hurt. You know the drill if you have ever worked with more that 4 women in one small place. So, anyway, not that I am totally part of the problem....well not a big part anyway. We had a meeting about it and we all had to go around in a circle and say something nice about everyone. BLAH...it took an hour. YIKES and I don't think it was super productive. Well before the meeting (I mean a couple of days) someone asked me to get a patient it went something like this
person Jacque get harold (big improvement over shoulder or chest)
me: get Harold who? (I have this thing about first and last name....I DEMAND IT)
person: Harold Tooti bring to room 3 (names are fictional
other person: you don't have to be so condescending about it just say please specify (or at
least it was something like that

Great dialogue skills I know...anyway I talked about this for days with people at the restaurant. Only because I have been told this on other occasions....I have a certain tone and for those who know me well can definitely say that yes some people may definitely call it condescending....well whatever. I am going to work on this but since it has been going on for say like forever...it might be hard. Anyway I am an orderly and if my tone or the way that I say something makes you feel bad re-evaluate the situation because chances are that I am an ORDERLY...but I will try and work on it ....because it isn't the best way to handle every situation....just the most fun for me. I know that isn't a good thing. But we had fun with at my other job. I mean can you imagine your waitress talking down to you. I think I actually made a lady cry one day....she wanted a salad. That is a story for another day.

7 comments:

Kris said...

It's just because you are not sensitive like some of us.....

Danielle said...

I can totally see you saying harold who? I see why she thought you were being a big JERK...but we all know that is just how you talk and you really don't mean to be rude it just comes out that way...heheh.

Shannon said...

Speaking of your restraunt Duane and I ate there last night. I was sad that you weren't working; apparenlty you were working at the hospital which Duane and I went to last weekend and you weren't there then either.

J Z said...

just so you know i have a sensitive side

Natalie Jo said...

i know you have a sensitive side, it just takes a while for others to see it. that makes me laugh that you had a talk about feeling at work. maybe we should have a sisters feeling meeting. wouldn't that be fun??? jk! shannon you make me laugh. maybe next time you need to go to eat or the hospital you can schedule with jacque!

Ann Marie said...

Since I DO know you this post cracks me up! I just love your posts . . . keep em coming! HILARIOUS!!!! How about adding a few pictures?! I would love to see your smiling (or not so smiling) face! :-)

Nicole said...

love the comments....and I want to hear the salad story and how you made her cry...I can't wait!

I have left you a couple messages since your bday....why don't you call back???