Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Biking

So today I decided to go for a bike ride. I got ready and got to the spot...dry creek, for those of you who know it.... met my friend. It started to rain a little and it was cold but we had driven there and got ready so why not just start and if it gets to bad we can always turn back. So just before we start the actual trail ( you ride on the road for a bit) it starts to snow....just a little but not to much to turn back. A few minutes later it started really coming down but hey we had already started what could it hurt. Oh and yeah I thought damn this is cool normally I am hot as hell riding my bike and this time I am cold as hell and it is snowing while I am biking....tough...or tuff. I am glad a have full finger gloves they sort of saved me.
I forgot how hard it is your first ride, okay any ride. At the top of dry creek we decided to head back to the cars and right at the first or second turn my friend slid of the trail and hurt herself. It took a few minutes to evaluate the situation and then we started our trek to the car we had to make a few stops and after a few minutes decided that I should take both bikes down so that she didn't have to hurt any more.
Anyway it was really stinking cold. I am the one who usually get hurts not her. It totally sucks but at least the first ride is out of the way for the year. Now I just have to ride within this first week or it will be painful all over again.

1 comment:

Natalie Jo said...

you make me laugh silly girl. glad it was not you that got hurt. maybe your luck is changing!!