Saturday, August 30, 2008

to clarify a little about talking about # 2

Hey so that you all know and are not confused. I don't talk about poo with strangers. I don't say to the person next to me, "WOW that was the biggest greenest poop I ever had .....and oowwee the smell."
NO generally it is with people that I know, mostly people that I work with, and some close friends who I know have the same interest or pooing abilities that I have.

I rarely if ever talk about the color, the viscosity, or the smell. I might, however, done this at one time or another if it was quite remarkable. I do however talk about the frequency of my poos, the schedule that I am on for poos, and the greatness of the poo if it is noteworthy.

I will tell you how this talking of poo began. I was in the hospital once for a few days (15). I had a hard time having a BM there. In fact I went 5 days with out a BM. It was the most painful experience ever, I wanted to die. I was crying because there was nothing I could do. Suppositories were the only thing that worked. EMBARRASSING. I made a promise to myself to never let that happen again. When I am on pain pills I try to get off them quick...part of the problem. Since that time I count my poos. I have quite a few in a day. Some are shocked but it is true. I poo a lot. 3-5. yes 3-5 times a day. not a week a day.

If I get off schedule I know it. I think about it. I think that more people should be as aware of things like this. If you know what it looks like or the frequency of it. You will be able to determine a lot about your body if something starts to go wrong. Doesn't your doc ask about poo and urine when you visit if you have a prob?

Poo is alright. I try not to talk about it with strangers. Just kidding I don't unless they bring it up. customers at tables at ppine have done this. If they bring it up it is fair game.

Thank you all for your input. I will try to keep me poo knowledge to those who appreciate it. You know who you are. Most importantly I know who you are.

4 comments:

Kris said...

Thanks for clarifying about this, I was really worried about you!!! j/k, But you need to remember not to get grossed out when someone is telling you about theirs.

Nici said...

I was being sarcastic about the stranger thing. I really didn't believe you would just bring it up to random people. I don't keep track of my own poo, but I do know what my kids do. I do keep track, as creepy as it sounds.

Amber Snow said...

Did i ever tell you the story of my emergency room visit for the exact subject? enema in the er is not a pretty picture. The hostess took me to the er from work because I could not longer effectively wait on my tables because of my abdonimal pain. KUB taken, confirm no bowel obstruction I was only literally full of shit. I too take a mental note so that never happens to me again. The hospital I went to; the hospital in Utah County I would work at in the future and meet my future husband. Thank god Dan was not my Dr.

Danielle said...

you should never have a baby b/c I think this last time I didn't poo for four days and man was it painful to get out then and also since my crotch had just been cut/ripped open. that was a pretty joyous experience. I am with you on the fact that I poo several times a day. I have a schedule as well...it must be in the family.