Sunday, July 20, 2008

new job

i got a new job. I have been wanting to do this for awhile, but lacked the motivation to do anything about it. I started applying in May and had some interviews. One went really awesome. I didn't get that job but she gave me a great reference. Told me that she would have loved to hire me but they had only one opening and I just didn't have enough experience. She asked if she could give me a reference or a recommendation for future position in the hospital. Hell Yeah anything to help a girl out. I got a call like 3 hours later setting up another appointment. I got that job. Seriously it is awesome when people give a little more effort and I totally benefited from someone giving a little more.

I will be working as a CNA at the University of Utah hospital on 6 north. I am taking a pay cut. I have to commute. I have to work a lot more and probably a lot harder than I do now. I am so excited about this. REALLY. I think it couldn't have come at a better time.

It is crazy how things just fall into place when you are ready to move on or just ready to step into that next phase of your life. I guess that is why it takes me so long to do anything I wait until it falls into place rather than making it happen. Well I guess I am making it happen just by doing the things that I am doing.

One step closer to nursing school.

Oh on a side note. This is the same floor that I was a patient on when I was hurt a few years ago. How odd is that or do you think it is just one of those things? tell me what you think

7 comments:

mandy said...

Jac-que--so glad you left me a comment. I hadn't noticed a link to your blog on your sisters blogs, which I've had for a while. It was fun to catch up with you. I remember that you always loved Lemonheads. Congrats on the new job! Christian thinks it's awesome you're going to go to nursing school. He has various opinions about nurses, and he thinks you'll be great because "you can always use a good, tough nurse." Good luck!

~mandy

Kris said...

I think that you did work hard to get that job, from everything that you have told me!!! It will be a great experience for you!! We are excited for you!! Weird though to be working were you stayed for a couple of weeks, maybe you will be able to offer the patients a better understanding since you have been there.

Ann Marie said...

Congrats girl! I am so with ya on how "things just fall into place when it's right". I have experinced that way too many times in my life not to believe it! And, BTW, money isn't everything as long as you are happy doing what you love. But hey, I am a teacher, so I have to believe that! :-) I am happy for you!!!

Bryce & Nicole said...

I had to start blogging because I didn't have any of your stories to read! Well I miss you and if your up for lunch or dinner just let me know :) And Congrats with the job I just hope it's better than the last.

Kassie said...

I don't think it's meant to be at all. I think you should stay a transporter at AVH until I decide to leave. ;)

Nici said...

Congrats on the new job! I wish I had done nursing way back when, but oh well. Maybe one day . . .

Kassie said...

Just letting you know I miss you and I made it back alive from Cali...Thanks for taking on my will responsibilities.