Thursday, July 31, 2008

Commuting

Hell yeah....I have been commuting. I just want to give it a try and i think that it will help me get up so that I am not always running from my car to the time clock.
Well in my minimal few days of travel I have witnessed something odd. I has to do with people and public transport.

I have a link to a blog about people and what they read in SF. Well if I were to do this blog in SLC it would be short. On one day in, one car, just looking at about 12 people....that is two rows of people. I witnessed 3 book of Mormon readers. Yes they were marking and taking notes also. So you can see how the blog would be boring...it might be interesting to see how often they read it and if they read any other types of books.....HM an idea?
Any way on this particular day sitting across from one of the gentlemen (yes they were all men) there was another man reading a book....you will love this. The title of the book was "Group Therapy in the bed room" seriously where else. I was dying...but then it was like 0620. I just wanted to do that but it was really early and I didn't have coffee.

Wait for more....everyday is an experience on TRAX....really a whole new world of people take public transport.

8 comments:

Kris said...

You have lots of fun people watching!!!

Kassie said...

HA HA! Mike used TRAX for like a whole semester. The 6am ers are different than the 10pm ers. He was feeling some pretty heavy stares from a wanna-be gang one night. Talk about Night and Day (that's a good pun). I'd rather be with the Book of Mormoners than the other!

Nicole said...

so funny...people are so interesting.

Bill Page said...

I love it. send me the blog for the stuff people are reading in SF. Taking Bart is a whole new experience. Depends on day and time you take it. When we first to move to the Bay Area I had to go into SF on the weekends to work. I was constently taking the last bart train home. talking about interesting people. The definately weren't reading the book of mormon.

Amber Snow said...

I am so glad you finally put your picture. Good job
I want you to come and take some public transport with me here one day with baby gear.

Kassie said...

A PICTURE!!!

I am Melfy said...

Ha ha! You should ride the Frontrunner. I've heard some great stories about that one.

Ann Marie said...

People watching is the best! Good for you for commuting, you are helping the environment too. I bet it is somewhat more relaxing too?! Love that you finally put up a picture - yeah!!!! :-)